Raking the Forest

 Um...Okay, I'm okay.  Al and Hal are okay.  Tracy, Max and Danni are okay.  Omega and Kevin...aren't.

What I thought was just my eyes playing tricks on me wasn't a trick at all.  It was some...emaciated....it was like someone took a werewolf, shaved it completely down, ripped its fingers out, jammed metallic blades in their place with bolts and springs, and then somehow take out its eyes to replace them with glowing red...voids of some kind.

It easily ran up to the van, and in one swipe, it carved a gash into it, taking out the front tire and half of the door.

Al got his gun and tried to fire it but the van, going as fast as it was, veered off and went into the ditch, throwing Omega out of the driver seat and partly through the windshield.  Everyone else was thrown forward by the impact before that...THING jumped onto the van and tore into Omega's back like it was digging for gold.  

Kevin, in a fit of panic, threw the van door open after unbuckling himself and ran out, screaming in terror.

And that thing was on him faster than anything had a right to.  I just...I just blinked!  First that thing was on Omega, then I blinked and it was ripping Kevin to shreds like a savage animal.

I...I will never get over the horror that was that thing...but just as it stopped and looked at the rest of us, something...something rippled and it was gone, like it was never there.

But it was.  Omega's and Kevin's bodies attest to that.  So now we're on the move, praying that thing isn't anywhere near us.  

The van was done for, and we didn't have time to bury them.  No one protested and though Danni gave their bodies their Last Rites, for what it's worth, we left them to be eaten.  By that thing, by monsters, or those lunatic masked people.

Now, we're walking through a dark forest with no end in sight, potentially being hunted by a monster dog-man with razors for fingers and barely any useable light.

I'm going to stop writing now, I'm getting too nervous looking at it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uh...how is that even happening?

A house above the horrors, and something below

Okay, Normal's packing her bags.