Masking the problem

 

Did I mention Al was in the military?  Apparently good portion of his family were career military.  I don’t know what branch, but the patch on his jacket is yellow with a horse head on it.

Reason I bring that up is that he had to, in his words, ‘plant a few Dumbass Trees’.  Meaning he had to kick some peoples’ asses and send them packing.  Alicia asked why let them live, they could bring more people back.

His response was kinda weird, though.  He said that he knows they won’t come back.  They had masks.

I told him I wanted more information than that because having masks usually doesn’t mean much.  But no matter how nice or angrily we ask, he wouldn’t say more, only to trust him on that.

Hal asked if he was in league with the masks and that got him a nasty look.  So Al does know who and what they are, but by the looks of it, doesn’t want to associate with them anymore.  And definitely doesn’t want to talk about it.  Maybe they were part of a gang he left when joining the military?  I heard of people doing that.  One of Dad’s buddies from work did that to get out of a New York gang.

…I miss Dad. 

I’m wearing his silver and turquoise wristband that Mom got him for his birthday.  Got him it when they weren’t even thinking of making me.  Got Mom’s ring she was going to give me.  Said it was an heirloom, every first daughter in the family inherited for ten generations.  Had a diamond, a few amethysts cut to resemble wings, and a pair of blue sapphires to act as eyes.  All set in gold.  I wear the ring on a chain, the wristband on my wrist, even if it’s kinda huge on me.

I’m gonna stop writing.  I think I’m gonna cry again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uh...how is that even happening?

Okay, Normal's packing her bags.

A house above the horrors, and something below